Welcome to VailBeaverCreekRentals.com There's an excellent article below!!
CLICK HERE and tell us how we can find your custom vacation rental between Vail and Beaver Creek Colorado!!
We are already booking properties for next ski-season and this Summer!
Or call us directly 970.376.3336
You can find us on chat just below the article.
CLICK HERE - to see an example vacation rental in Vail
CLICK HERE - to see an example vacation rental in Beaver Creek
Eagle County's commissioners have adopted a resolution committing to 100 percent renewable electricity.
The Eagle County Board of Commissioners adopted a resolution committing to 100% renewable electricity at all county operations and facilities. The county was able to reach this goal through participation in Holy Cross Energy’s Renewable Energy Purchase Program (REPP). The resolution also supports the replacement of heating and transportation fuels with renewable energy sources and general adoption of renewable energy in the larger community.
REPP gives all local residents and businesses the option to receive electricity from 100% renewable energy resources directly feeding the HCE grid. By participating in the program, Eagle County has reached its goal of reducing carbon pollution from internal operations 50% by 2030 immediately, eleven years ahead of schedule.
“It is important to have a systemic approach when it comes to sustainability initiatives, including the incorporation of renewable energy as a pillar of our operations,” Commissioner Matt Scherr said in a release. “It is great to be able to be a leader in support of this initiative and as part of the Climate Action Collaborative.”
Eagle County, along with over 25 other organizations, adopted the Climate Action Plan for the Eagle County Community in 2016 which identified the goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the Eagle County community 25% by 2025. To implement the plan, the organizations created the Climate Action Collaborative, led by Walking Mountains Science Center, to implement initiatives within the five sector areas of the plan: power supply, buildings, transportation, waste diversion, and education.
“Holy Cross Energy’s power supply is currently 39% renewable,” said Mike Steiner, key accounts specialist for Holy Cross. “The REPP allows members to offset the remaining 61% and support goals outlined in our Seventy70Thirty plan.”
The Seventy70Thirty Plan identifies steps HCE will take to achieve 70% renewable energy and 70% carbon pollution reduction by 2030.
“All of the monies received through REPP go into the WeCare fund which provides resources and incentives to help place more renewables on the HCE grid system,” Steiner said.
Eagle County joins other jurisdictions, including Eagle River Water and Sanitation, Town of Basalt, Snowmass Village, and Town of Carbondale in committing to 100% renewable electricity through the REPP.